Search This Blog

Contact The Manifesto: Inside the Mind of an Idiot...


Email: Manifesto.Idiot@gmail.com

Twitter: @MKriegbaumJr

NEW!!! You can now get the Manifesto right on your phone! Check out the new mobile app! All you have to do is open it the link below in your mobile browser and add it to your home page!

http://InsideTheMindOfAnIdiot.mobapp.at/


Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh the style of Jared Leto...

I’ve said it before and I will say it again... Jared Leto is not deserving of all the ass he gets. Anyone that dresses the way he does has no business pulling any ass let alone the beautiful ass that undoubtedly flocks to him. I really wanted to do a fictional second person fashion column where I would have written as I were in the head of Jared Leto of "30 Seconds to Mars". Then I realized one thing... I am clueless when it comes to writing a fashion piece. My absolute disregard for trends in the fashion world may place some kind of explanation on my next point... What the fuck are celebrities such as Mr Leto thinking when they wear the outfits they do?

I am a subscriber to GQ Magazine, but that does not make me a fashion expert. I actually read the articles in the publication. When it comes to the fashion portion of the magazine, I generally flip through it quickly because there are plentiful amounts of half naked men in the spread that makes it seem like it was put together to appease homosexual men. Now that I think about it, it probably is... the average man does not give two shits about fashion (not counting metrosexuals). I am no different. When I am not in a shirt and tie for business, I just want to throw on some comfortable jeans, t-shirt and some flip flops. To celebrities, fashion creates an image, think Lady Gaga... well for me, it’s about comfort  and not wearing a meat dress or pant skirts.

Generally, when I think of skirts I picture a woman with some sexy legs, heels and possibly some of those knee high boots. But, thanks to Jared Leto I have a new image etched into my mind. The past two times I have seen Leto he has been wearing a skirt over his pants. Is this not something Madonna did in the 80’s? The first of these two times was on ‘Unplugged’ on Paladia and the second was on the MTV Video Music awards. Here is a link to see the extra trendy Jared Leto in his pant skirt... Gentlemen, please refrain yourself from running right out to the mall to get yourself a pair of pant skirts upon viewing this.  http://coolspotters.com/clothing/rick-owens-skirt-pant/photos_videos#medium-1437687 (Notice that it appears he is wearing the pant skirt, but there is no mention of it in the DIY article... maybe this is because they know it would not catch on?)

Granted, I am not an expert when it comes to the latest trends in fashion, and I do not really look all that the spreads in GQ, but I do not recall any photos of men wearing skirts over their pants. Let me specify that Leto is not wearing a kilt as Jonathan Davis from Korn as done in the past... Kilts can be badass, especially on St. Patty's Day. These are fucking mini skirts over pants. There is no way I am wearing something like that,.Well I refuse to say never... If Nicole Scherzinger offered me a night of passionate, raunchy sex in exchange for me dressing like Jared Leto, I would be all in. I am a man, not an idiot. Gentleman, let me explain one thing, if you ever have an opportunity to make the chance of a lifetime happen … go for it! Even if it means wearing a skirt like a little school girl.

 Is Jared Leto trying to pull off the disenchanted musician vibe? Is he starved for attention? He is a good looking man, I feel comfortable saying that, but it is as if he is trying to mask his looks by wearing ridiculous outfits. Jared Leto's style is unique, but it does not stop with the pant skirt. I understand that the retro 80’s look is in right now, but he is just taking it to the extreme. I’ve also seen him in a video off of their latest album where he had a Mohawk, which is 100% rock-n-roll, but the fucker's Mohawk was dyed pink. I’ve also seen him wearing tremendously large cut off t-shirts, skinny jeans/spandex and combat boots... another 80’s staple punk rock look. Someone out there thinks he is fashionable because I found a DIY on how to dress like Jared Leto article: http://style.mtv.com/2010/11/01/jared-leto-30-seconds-to-mars-diy-style/... It is perfect if you want to dress like Kiefer Sutherland when he stared in ‘The Lost Boys’.

What ever it is with Leto’s sense of style, I just do not get it, I probably never will. I am not that fashion forward to the point where I would put some thought into it to figure it out... or even try that look for that matter. All I know is that women flock to this guy. Maybe I should not be mocking him and just applaud him for getting the panties of thousands of women wet while dressing like a total douche-bag. To hell with this asshole gig, maybe I should start my own band and become a musician. There is one problem, I cannot sing... Well, neither can Kid Rock and he seems to be doing just fine.

2 comments:

J.M. said...

The masculine male is a dying breed

M. said...

That is a sad truth...

M.